}

How To Live with Colour

FACT: I love colour... But for me when I use bold colours I like to combine them with natural materials. TIP: I believe by matching loud colours with natural fibers your object or space will not yell but engage.
Egg box by Marie Paysant-Le Roux
Egg box by Marie Paysant-Le Roux
Photo by Lala Ladcani
Hanging basket by Smalltown; Future fiber SnOOPed on Laerke Hooge Andersen
What I'm trying to say is natural materials don't need to be in beige. Dulux believes in this colour way so much they have called their shades of imperial purple and peaceful greens Champion, Virtuous, Immortal and Funk

A wonderful friend of mine who is a superstar makeup & hair artist and was Kylie Minogue's assistant many moons ago recently told me "beige is the colour of indecision". It's my favourite quote of the year so far... POWERFUL!

3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant tip! I've never thought about color that way- but it makes a lot of sense! I just graduated- can't wait to get a cute apartment and get to splashing color ALL around it. :)  MademoiselleMichael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beige is the colour of indecision....I love that! Those purple flowers (?) over the rocks are beautiful! Looks like thick paint dripping over the side! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda for this post! It's nice to see the eggboxes in colour combination like that! Kind regards, Marie

    ReplyDelete