}

Living With Colour

Whenever I find colour used well I have to share it with you. Homeowner Halewijn, of NU Architectuuratelier, designed this house for himself, his wife, Mathilde, and their son, Ramses in Ledeberg, near Gent Belgium. The use of concentrated blocks of colour help break up banks of dark timber kitchen units. When self control is used colour pops out and visually has tremendous impact within a room. Here sky blue is used in the washing up area and lime green for the opposite work surface creating a busy area feel soothing and stress free.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I like your blog a lot!!:)
    Sending you some sun from Rome,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda - I still like your blog alot! Just letting you know, I did a post about L.A.'s Chinatown today with a link to your loft post. I still would be happy to move into that place! Here's a link to Passage Paradis for anyone who's interested to see both!

    http://mlleparadis.blogspot.com/

    Happy Blogging! and continued good luck with the impending move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a HUGE fan of the black.
    i painted a few of my own walls black, all the rest are white and the floor is high gloss white... its paradise. makes everything go POW!

    x

    ReplyDelete